Thursday 3 March 2011

Final Major Project: Sophia Tutorial 3...

Todays tutorial went really well, I showed Sophia my plans for a questionnaire and she was rather impressed. She gave me a few extra questions to consider, and other interesting facts I might want to learn about the customers, but overall she was pleased with my developments.
Image of Jewellery by Vanya from Vanya


I plan to create the questionnaire and then ask Vanya ever so nicely if I can put it on her blog for the customers to answer. Sophia thinks that I should try and make it personal and friendly, rather than work based, for example asking the customers to answer it because me and Vanya want to know them as people. I think this is a brilliant idea, and plan to come up with something super friendly, so each customer feels special and wanted. This would make me more enthusiastic to do a boring questionnaire! :)


I also showed Sophia the start of my SWOT analysis... God these are boring. Boring but necessary.


I have to outline the Strengths and Weaknesses of the brand and the Opportunities and Threats to the brand. Heres a brief outline...


Strengths
  • Hand-made 
  • Attention to detail
  • Crafty
  • Personal touch to each order
  • Online shop & retail stockists
Weaknesses
  • Lots of competitors
  • Not the cheapest
  • :( business cards
  • :( webpage
  • Website doesn't flow and link to blog well
  • No Lookbook
Opportunities
  • Create a better website, that flows
  • Promote the USP: Hand-made personal touches
  • Add new lines
  • Put Look-book online
  • Create more personality on the website
  • Pop up shop at festivals
  • Constant branding image for back drop, webpage and look-book. Theme.
Threats
  • Other cheaper competitors
  • Competitors personal touches
  • Becoming less popular = less demand
  • People preferring to physically view the products before buying


All of these points are based on the Jewellery by Vanya brand, which is what my final major project is based on. Hopefully between Vanya and myself, not only will we be able to improve the branding website, but also further promote and better the brand itself. (And get me a good mark for my work)






Just to make things a little more interesting I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my wardrobe...


The outfit of the day: Big knit Jumper and Maxi skirt :) 



Jade xx


No comments:

Post a Comment